Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Persistence Pays Off



After two failed attempts due to mishaps - I finally was able to successfully place a remote camera behind the glass (backboard) during tonight's New Jersey Nets/Minnesota Timberwolves game.


I've done a fare about of remotes at professional sporting events, but have never done one from behind the backboard. So I had set out a couple of weeks ago when Carmelo Anthony came to town. I had it all set up and ready and tested the camera and it wouldn't work. The damn thing worked before I installed it, but wouldn't work for me when I had everything locked down. I wasn't happy.


So I made a second attempt recently when LeBron James and the Heat made an appearance at the Prudential Center. This time - the tripod mount on the bottom of my camera broke, as I tightened it down in place. No go! I had to take everything down. Very disappointing.


Today was the day. Even though it wasn't going to be a high profile game like the others, I was determined to make it happen. I mounted it in place and did my tests. Now it was up to the guys on the court to come through for me. It also helps when you have support from friends like Adam Pantozzi, Jeff Zelevansky and Julio Cortez. I guess persistence pays off. Thanks guys!


Here are a few of my favorite images from that camera.


3 comments:

A. Hindash said...

Fantastic shots your persistence paid off. Great work for a great effort .

Cory Parris said...

Nice images, Saed! You could make a living doing this...

Saed Hindash said...

Thanks Cory! I try.