Monday, April 27, 2009

Remote Boy


I owe a lot to the kind folks down in Raleigh, NC. for their help and kindness while shooting the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Everyone was accommodating, friendly and extremely helpful. There are too many of you to mention. A special thanks to Chris Seward, a photographer with The News & Observer, Carl with UPI/AP, Ellen with Reuters and this guy, Jeff Basladynski, who is studying Commercial Photography at Randolph Community College in Asheboro, NC. I think I will forever remember him as, "Remote boy." If there was an extra pass available, he would help shoot and run disks for the local folks. Out of the kindness of his heart, or maybe it was his eagerness, he would retrieve all of the remote cameras at the end from the catwalks of the RBC Center. I don't know how he did it, but he did. It was extremely helpful and a time saver. I wish we had someone like that back in Jersey.

Thanks Jeff!

Oh, yeah... before I forget, my camera is the one on the far right.

No comments: