Wednesday, November 19, 2008

AC/DC







I always look forward to a concert assignment. Musicians generally show off enough that you make a good picture or two. But when I heard that I was going to shoot the AC/DC concert at Madison Square Garden, I was grinning ear to ear. I love covering rock bands. There is so much energy on stage. Growing up in the 80's they were a band I listened to and on occasion still do.


The show was loud. VERY LOUD!! The public relations guy warned the photographers that night - that if they don't have ear protection that he recommended that they don't cover the concert. He said that the sound was going to be ear splitting. It was. I've seen and photographed many rock shows. I thought Metallica as loud, but AC/DC played louder. 

I was very surprised how much energy they had on stage. Angus Young, who is in his early 50's and Brian Johnson in his early 60's didn't act their age. It was enjoyable to see how much fun they were having performing live. 

I used 3 cameras to cover the show. Here are a few images from the MSG show. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, and the schoolboy get-up still fits!!! Lucky Man!!